Dreamscape Book Trailer – Please share widely! – Higher resolution copies available upon request.
Did You Know?
- Einstein was a high school dropout.
- Josephine Baker was a secret agent for the French Resistance during World War Two.
- Sacajawea was the only woman who traveled with Lewis and Clark’s expedition, and carried her baby the whole way.
- The Supreme Court decided in 1962 that Nicola Tesla was the real inventor of the radio.
- Philipp Reis invented the first telephone.
- The medical symbol of the python dates back to the brave ancient African Queen Mella. (Listen to the story of Mella for free.)
These fascinating facts and more are contained in Dreamscape: Real Dreams Really Make a Difference. A collection of biographical stories and poems about fascinating people in history whose real dreams made a real difference. Developed in performance, these stories bring old tales to life for contemporary readers in a way that is both entertaining and informative.
Recordings of “King Leopold” and “Living It!” are also on the CD Living It!
“Dreamscape: Real Dreams Really Make a Difference by Martha Cinader is something I would recommend for teachers wanting to bring history alive for their students.” –Heather Osborne – Readers’ Favorite
“…a hip beatnick Sesame Street for grown-ups.” – Neil Cooper, The List
“Cinader’s use of language is so seductive and her rhythmic, rapping voice so caressing, that you really don’t want her to stop.” – Catherine Fellows, The Scotsman
“Martha Cinader has the rare ability and talent to bring ancient tales to life for contemporary readers and audiences. If history classes had been this witty and bright, I would have paid more attention.” – Merlin Stone, author of When God Was a Woman and Ancient Mirrors of Womanhood
Print ISBN#9781631926372 E-book ISBN#9781631926389, Genre: BIOGRAPHY & AUTOBIOGRAPHY, SubGenre: General,Language: English, Publisher: BookBaby, Publish date: 3/1/2015, Edition number: 2, Pages: 92
Dreamscape:Real Dreams Really Make a Difference, Tenth Avenue Editions ISBN#0-932169-02-3
Performance Highlights: Edinburgh Festival Fringe ’95, APAP Theater Conference ’95, WBAI Radio NY, BBC Radio and TV London, Scot FM Edinburgh, B. Dalton Bookstore, Barnes and Noble Bookstore, Audrey Cohen College, The Nightingale Bamford School, The Collegiate School, Hamilton Fish Public Library, Hospital Audiences Inc., St. Marks Poetry Project, Albuquerque Library System-NM